El Nido Resorts was selected to take part in the Zero Carbon Resorts (ZCR) program – a project sponsored by the European Union (EU) that aims to reduce the tourism industry’s carbon footprint. The ZCR is a 4-year project to trigger an effort among the tourism sector in Palawan to switch from the use of fossil fuel to renewable energy sources.
In response to this, the management of El Nido Resorts reached a consensus to implement the following sustainable solutions to increase the resorts’ energy efficiency:
- Re-invest 100% of the savings gained from the “Reduce” strategy to “Replace” strategy
- Dedicate involvement in in-detail consultations and discussions
- Implement measures that will increase the resorts’ energy performance
- Involve guests and staff for surveys and studies on energy assessments
- Send our qualified representative(s) to trainings, as needed
- Train and coach qualified representatives from resorts and restaurants operating in the vicinity of El Nido, Palawan on Zero Carbon Resorts campaign as part of our local community relations
El Nido Resorts’ efforts in this program will be used as benchmarks in terms of recognizing the best energy-saving methods in the tourism industry.